Monday, February 21, 2011
Singing His Praises
She was told, suddenly and absolutely unexpectedly, that at a tender age, she was now a widow.
And she lived with a grateful heart before that moment, and she lives with a grateful heart still.
When we live so closely with another, all is obvious to us, the good and the not-so-good. And how often do we dwell on the imperfect, even if it is offset by ten wonderful qualities and deeds? So, let us allow love to cover a multitude of sins. I encourage us all, and have been taking my own advice, to embrace our husbands the way my friend would embrace hers if she could. And pray for her empty arms, and quiet home, and still days, if you would, please.
Thank you, God, for a husband who
1. brought me white tulips on Valentine's day. They are my favorite.
2. shoveled the snow. Again. I don't have to worry a whit.
3. fills my car with gas without my asking.
4. prays on Sacred Space with our eldest son.
6. brings the children on errands.
7. overlooks my flaws.
8. chooses to work close by. He could double his salary by commuting, but he would sacrifice two hours of family time each day.
9. reads Scripture, and reads about Scripture.
10. when seeing me despondent over this recent tragedy, bent over me and placed his hands on me, and prayed.